Want to know more about this year's RWC charitable beneficiaries? Click here!
The RWC is always up to something good! Check out the Programs, Fundraisers, Projects, and Photos Pages. So much to see!
Message from our President
Dear RWC Members.
The new Regency Women’s Club Executive Board has met and is in the process of planning a very exciting 2023-2024 year.
As we enter a new term, we want to recognize your significant contributions to our successful 2022-2023 season. All these accomplishments occurred after many hours of planning and implementation.
We thank Pat Valle, her Community Service Committee, Mary Howell, and her Fundraising Committee for their hard work and dedication to our charities. We are also grateful for the fantastic support from Regency residents who generously gave to our Back 2 School, Teddy Bear, Children’s Coat Drive, and Haymarket Food Pantry collections and their continued support of our fundraising efforts on behalf of our charities.
Regency Women’s Club 2022-2023 Accomplishments
- We awarded $2,000.00 to our four NOVA scholarship winners totaling $8,000.00.
- Back-to-school community-wide collection netted $8640.00 in school supplies and checks.
- Supported Pace West School by donating $200.00 for graduation and Teachers' lunch.
- Two Regency blood drives netted 72 pints of blood for INOVA.
- We baked 72 dozen cookies and muffins and delivered them to our local helpers.
- RWC volunteers conducted monthly bingo games at Gainesville Rehabilitation Center.
- 16 Holiday senior baskets were assembled and delivered to Volunteer Prince William.
- We donated 70 gift cards and toys for the PWC Holiday Program for Foster Children.
- Kid’s Coat Drive collected $15,210.00 in clothing and $1410.00 in cash to benefit the children of SERVE.
- Haymarket Food Pantry’s monthly collection netted 395 pounds of food and $7,081.00 in checks.
- Our Teddy Bear Drive collected 609 stuffed animals for children treated at UVA Hospital.
- Our annual community-wide collection to benefit The Haymarket Food Pantry raised $21,00.00.
- The $17,000.00 raised from our Rocktoberfest, Holiday Sweet Shop, and Derby Party were donated to our two designated charities…Fostering Futures and ACTS Safe House.
Barbara O’Connor and the Program Committee have been meeting this summer to plan new programs and menus for our monthly meetings. The new menus look delicious.
Most of our meals will be plated, with a few buffets when the menu calls for it. Chef Brian will create a different parfait dessert each month.
Look for RWC’s e-mail blast at the end of July for details and sign-up links.
Please click here to view the 2022-23 Survey Results.
Thanks to Publicity Chairwomen Lee Lipscomb for preparing and compiling the survey. The Board takes your opinions very seriously and will use your comments to plan future events.
Thanks to all who participated in the survey.
Have a great rest of the summer,
Executive President, Regency Women’s Club